Super Fun 21 is a version of Blackjack with a few extra rules added in to make it a bit different.
This article assumes you know the basics of how to play Blackjack, check out our separate article if you are unsure.
Super Fun 21 Blackjack Rules
The main differences between Super Fun 21 and standard Blackjack are:
• A Blackjack pays out 1 to 1 instead of 3 to 2 unless both cards are Diamonds
• A Blackjack in Diamonds pays out 2 to 1
• A player always wins if they have Blackjack, even if the Dealer has one as well
• You can Double at any time as opposed to only after your first 2 cards
• You can Surrender at any time as opposed to only after your first 2 cards
• You can Surrender after Doubling
• If you have a hand with 6 cards and a total of 20 or less, you automatically win the hand
• If you have a hand totalling 21 after 6 cards, you win the hand at 2 to 1
Although casinos have different variations, the most common we have found have the following set up:
• Super Fun 21 is played with 1 deck
• The Dealer Hits on soft 17
• The Dealer peaks for Blackjack if they have an Ace or 10
• You can Double after a Split
• You can Split a hand up to 4 times
• You can Split Aces again after Splitting
• You can Surrender after Splitting
As you can see from the above screenshot, a Super Fun 21 table looks just like a standard game of Blackjack, the only difference is the extra rules in place, most of which give the Player an advantage.
Some versions of Super Fun 21 are played with 2 or 6 decks, the majority of online games though, including those provided by top software providers Microgaming, are played with just the 1 deck.
Super Fun 21 Blackjack Strategy
The below table shows what you should do in versions that use 1 deck of cards.
It is more complex than standard Blackjack strategies due to the need to factor in the bonuses for winning with 6 cards.
HHitSStandS3Stand on 3 or fewer cards, otherwise HitS4Stand on 4 or fewer cards, otherwise HitDDoubleD2Double on 2 cards, otherwise HitD3Double on 3 cards, otherwise HitD4Double on 4 cards, otherwise HitSPSplitXSurrender if possible, otherwise HitX3Surrender on 3 or fewer cards, otherwise HitX3*Surrender on exactly 3 cards, otherwise HitX3/S4Surrender on 3 or fewer cards, otherwise Stand on 4 or fewer cards, otherwise Hit
Your HandDealers Face Up Card 2345678910A4 to 8HHHHHHHHHH9D2D3D3D3D3HHHHH10D3D3D3D3D3D3D3D3D2D311D3D3D3D3D4D3D3D3D3D312HHS3S3S3HHHHH13S3S3S4S4S4HHHHH14S4S4S4S4S4HHHHH15S4S4S4SSHHHHX316SSSSSHHX3*X3X317SSSSSSSS4S4X3/S418+SSSSSSSSSS A2HHHD2D2HHHHHA3HHD2D3D3HHHHHA4HHD2D3D3HHHHHA5HHD2D3D3HHHHHA6D2D2D3D3D3HHHHHA7S3D3D3D3D4S4S3HHHA8S4S4S4D4D4S4S4S4S3S4A9S4S4S4S4S4S4S4S4S4S4 2, 2SPSPSPSPSPSPHHHH3,3SPSPSPSPSPSPHHHH4,4HHHSPSPHHHHH5,5DDDDDDDDDD6,6SPSPSPSPSPSPHHHH7,7SPSPSPSPSPSPSPHXX8,8SPSPSPSPSPSPSPSPSPSP9,9SPSPSPSPSPSSPSPSSP10,10SSSSSSSSSSA,ASPSPSPSPSPSPSPSPSPSP
Super Fun 21 Tips
Make the most of your extra options – Unlike other forms of Blackjack, Super Fun 21 lets you Surrender at any time, Double at any time and win with a hand of 6 cards. Remember these extra options when you are playing as they give you an extra advantage.
Play for fun to learn the extra options – Most online sites that offer Super Fun 21 allow you to play for free chips before using your own money. Even if you are an experienced Blackjack player, we would recommend playing for fun at first as the extra options make it considerably different from standard Blackjack.
Manage your bankroll – Like any casino game, bankroll is important so before you start a session make sure you have at least 40 hands in your bankroll and choose your bet accordingly. Sticking to it will ensure the best possible chance of winning and enjoying your session.
How to Count Cards
Multi Deck VS Single Deck Blackjack